It is with a heavy heart that we must, hopefully, postpone the WCA Homeschool Prom/Formal dance due to the closure of Great Wolf Lodge until May 19th. We are hoping beyond hope that we will be able to reschedule this event for June, however we know that may not happen. If June is not possible, we will contact our ticket holders for refund or 2021 presell options. This is an event that our entire community plans for and looks forward to each year and it breaks our hearts to contemplate losing this event this year when this kind of joy would be so welcome. Please stay healthy friends and keep us all in your thoughts and prayers.
BACK This Year!
Pre-Prom Grand March! The Pre-Prom Grand March will take place from 5:00pm - 6pm.
The Grand March is a community event! Yes, parents, friends, and family are invited! You will be sent a registration link for the Grand March inside your ticket confirmation email. To learn more read our FAQs.
The Cocktail and Social Hour will take place from 6pm-7pm and is for ticket holders only.
The time of the WCA Prom is 6:00-12:00pm. This is for mature 12 yr olds to age 20.
The event includes food, DJ, dancing, Prom King and Queen and Junior Court, Door prizes, free photo booth, and Senior recognition.
This is a FUN EVENT with FUN music. You are welcome to bring a friend with you that is not-homeschooled if you like; they will pay the same price as you do.
Ticket SALES ARE CLOSED.
When you RSVP and pay please send provide your email and snail mail information so that I can send back to you your invitation, room discount code, Grand March registration link, consent form, and photo package options.
IF you are a SENIOR you must let me know so that I have enough SR gifts to giveaway that night.
I am looking for some parent chaperones - no cost to chaperone. Email me if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEHAVIOR: Permission Slip outlining the Code of Conduct must be agreed to and signed.
PROM DRESS CODE: Formal Attire, please, for the prom event.
Girls - Well-fitting strapless and spaghetti straps are fine. Common sense rule applies for dress length.
Boys - No T-shirts or hats, khakis are fine, dress Sunday is fine. No tennis shoes. Blazer or sport jackets are fine. 3 pc suits are optional.
RECAP and RULES:
1. Teens ages 13 and up to a Senior can attend, no attendees older than 20years old. Mature 12yos are fine.
2. If you are a homeschooler you can bring a friend that is not homeschooled with you - they also pay the same rate that you do.....
3. If you are Senior I need to know so that I have enough gifts to give out for the Seniors.
4. Food available - Yes!
5. Photographer on site - Yes, both at the Grand March and the Prom. Package information sent in the ticket payment confirmation email.
6. Time of Formal - 6:00-11:00pm - 5 hrs.
7. Do I need my invitation to get in - YES - but if you should forget it we will have a master list. All teens get to keep their invitations.
8. What about Dress code: See above for that one.
9. Once you arrive at the FORMAL you cannot leave unless a parent comes and gets you or you have a note to leave early.
10. Also if you are taking someone's teen home I need a note from the parent giving you permission for them to leave with you.
11. We do the 2 strike warning - 1st strike we warn you and 2nd strike parent is called to come and take you home.
12. NO UN-TICKETED GUESTS ALLOWED PAST THE TICKET TABLE after 5pm.
13. Music - all music is upbeat and clean.
14. King and Queen - Yes, each year the teens choose their PROM King and Queen. They will be crowned at the event.
15. Make your checks payable to Williamsburg Classical Academy - No refunds on this event.
16. Please read, understand, agree to and sign the Code of Conduct and rules of Behavior. You will not be admitted without it.
17. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO REFUNDS ON THIS EVENT - IF YOU CANNOT GO, YOU ARE WELCOME TO SELL YOUR TICKETS TO ANOTHER HOMESCHOOLER