Williamsburg Classical Homeschool Prom - Registration Info
* * Please Read Carefully * *
You are invited to attend this wonderful event created for homeschooled teens and their guests ages 15 - 20.
Venue: Ford's Colony Country Club
240 Fords Colony Drive
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Follow Signs for Entry
Friday, May 20, 2021
Entire Event Time - 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Check In - 6:00-6:30pm
Includes Senior Recognition
Dinner and Prom - 6:30pm-10:30pm
Ticket Prices*: Early Bird til April 16th $65.00
$75 April 16th until sold out.
We are typically sold out by May 1st.
*Tickets are nonrefundable*
The WCA Homeschool Prom Committee is making every effort to ensure a wonderful and safe evening for all in attendance. There will be chaperones and security throughout the evening to ensure that the Dress Code and Code of Conduct are followed.
All attendees must be pre-registered and paid by May 8th. No walk-ins. No exceptions. Couples or dates are not required. All guests must be masked at all times inside the venue.
Ticket includes decorated ballroom, dinner, photobooth pictures, DJ, dance, security, punch, Coat/Purse/Backpack/Bag Check, ice water, tea, door prizes, Grand March, and Pool Party. There is no reduced pricing available for teens who choose not to partake in any portion of the evening.
By signing the WCA HomeSchool Prom Registration Agreement, parents and teens agree to abide by the Dress Code and Code of Conduct as stated below, and agree not to hold the WCA Homeschool Prom Committee, organizers, chaperones, HR Banquet Facility, facility employees, or professional DJ responsible for attendee’s conduct or that of anyone else in attendance at the Prom.
Dress Code: Formal Attire. (Corsages/boutonnières are not necessary, but encouraged.)
• Young ladies: Evening gowns (floor-length recommended). Whether a dress or pantsuit, formal wear is required. Practice dancing in your dress to make sure everything stays in place. If not, use pins, dress tape, and/or a shawl, tighten the straps, etc. (Parents: Strapless dresses look nice in pictures, but they don’t always stay in place while dancing and playing party games. Please be respectful of the other prom attendees. Make sure your daughter’s dress stays in place or make changes.)
• Young men: Suits, tuxedos, or dress shirts/dress pants. Wear a tie, belt, and dress shoes.
Code of Conduct: For discipline issues, we will use the 2-Strike Warning: 1st strike we warn you, and 2nd strike parent is called to come and take you home.
We expect proper behavior at all times.
• No weapons, smoking, alcohol, drugs, or intoxication allowed.
• No inappropriate language, including swearing, vulgarities, name-calling, belittling, bathroom humor, etc.
• No inappropriate physical contact or displays of affection with others, including kissing, sitting on laps, provocative dancing, & pushing others on the dance floor.
• Chaperones/Security reserve the right to remove and send home any attendee if their attire, speech, and/or behavior is deemed inappropriate. Again, the 2-Strike rule applies.
• Parents will be notified if an attendee needs a ride. If illegal activity occurs, proper authorities will be summoned.
• WCA Prom attendees are not allowed to leave and return to the dance.
• No backpacks or bags are allowed inside the Prom (small purses are okay). Coat/Bag Check is available.
• The safety and security of anything cannot be guaranteed by anyone.
The Evening of Prom:
• 6:00 p.m. Prom Check in begins.
• 6:00 p.m. Only pre-registered teens and pre-approved chaperones will be allowed past the Security Check-In Area after 6:00 p.m.
Parents may not be inside the prom venue, per our insurance and contract requirements. No exceptions. Parents who require contact with their teen can request their teen at the Security Check-In Area, and the teen will be summoned from the Ballroom.
Prom attendees may take photos all night long. We will have a professional photographer available for hire to take individual and group photos. Advanced reservations are required for time with the professional photographer. Photographer, costs, and package information will be included with your Prom Confirmation email. Photobooth pictures will be free.
• 10:30 p.m. Prom ends. Parents, please be on site 10 minutes early to pick up your teens.
Registration Agreement must include:
1. Parent/guardian phone number/emergency contact number for Prom night
2. Teen’s contact information
3. One registration form must be submitted for each attendee.
4. Signatures of parent/guardian and teen
5. Fee must be paid for teen to be placed on the guest list.
6. Homeschooled teens and their guests 18 and over still need to provide parent/guardian signatures, approval of guests, and emergency contact Information for the Prom night. Homeschooled teens are considered students under parental purview.
Fees are nonrefundable. If you must sell your ticket, please contact the Prom Chairman (see below).
WCA HomeSchool Prom Committee reserves the right to refuse to accept the registration of any person without a reason given. In the event this happens, the registration fee will be returned.
Music: WCA HomeSchool Prom attendees may request songs for the dance at the time of registration and payment. We will not accept requests the night of the Prom to avoid the risk of accidentally playing songs with inappropriate song lyrics. The WCA Prom Music Link was sent in your confirmation email and is linked here.
Our shared values recognize the dignity and self-worth of the individual. This event is viewed as an opportunity for homeschooled teens to socialize in a fun, supervised, and safe setting. Behavior and attire of attendees should reflect these guiding principles.