Fri, Feb 23|
Peninsula Homeschool Connect-UU Fllwshp
Workshop - Guiding your Student through High School
Join me for this workshop on being your high school student's guidance counselor. We will touch on multiple subjects so be ready to take notes and ask questions in this interactive session.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2018, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Peninsula Homeschool Connect-UU Fllwshp, 13136 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA 23602, USA
About The Event
This workshop will focus on making the most of your student's high school years. We will discuss:
- Creating a college ready transcript.
- How to choose curriculum and classes.
- Class sequencing and designing a high school plan that shows passion and academic excellence.
- Using summers to shore up weak academic skills and build passion.
- Goals based test prep.
- Creating a collaborative academic environment with your teen.
This workshop is being conducted by Catryna Jackson, long time homeschool mom and homeschool academic counselor. She has given several lectures on this topic including, "Making the Most of Your Summer- A Student Workshop", "Being Prepared for Selective College Admissions", "Tests that Matter", "Creating a Custom Homeschool Transcript", and many more. In addition to being hew own student's guidance counselor, she serves as the academic counselor for students at Williamsburg Classical Academy and countless clients who have been accepted to nationally top ranked colleges and universities.